Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Two successfully raised units and 2 failed expiriments

Last nights ebay action was partially successful, but also had a few disappointments.  I won two auctions for 5 model Dire Wolf units, totalling $19.51 with free shipping.  So that's about 25-30% off retail price with tax.  A pretty decent price for that unit of models, not the best but certainly a respectable savings.

I lost out on two bids at the last minute though, one on a unit of 11 Empire Knights that had been hovering at $.99 for 6 days, and was at $5 two hours before it ended at midnight.  I went to bed confident in my esnipe bid of $17.00, but was mildly shocked to see that it went to a bidding war for $26 the next morning as it wasn't advertised as a Warhammer item on the listing.  Same story with the Empire Cannon Mortar set I was bidding on, I was the top bid at .99 for a week, and got outbid as it finally went for $9.50.  I didn't need that for my army and was only trying to get it to resell, so that's no big loss.  Same with the Empire Knights, there will be other units, hopefully ones that won't get caught in bidding wars. 

So after last nights auctions I now have an additional 10 Dire Wolves to add to my army list, but am still working on the Black Knights.  There is an auction for a box of zombies that I have hopes for tonight, but with the way it is looking it will probably go for over my max bid.

No comments:

Post a Comment