Friday, October 15, 2010

Jezzails! Jezzails!

I won a nice auction last night for 8 Jezzail teams, some of them custom conversions, all of them only partially painted.  I'm quite excited about it as I will have them finished then in only a couple rounds of painting once they arrive in the mail.  I won the auction at $16.50, which is a huge bargain as a single Jezzail team runs about $10 a blister pack.  Once again another persons average to bad paint job is my gain!

My Skaven army is rapidly taking shape, and pretty soon I'll have a force that can be fielded at 2000 points.  My inventory update currently stands at:
  • 60 Clanrats w/ 2 commands
  • 26 Plague Monks w/ command (16 painted)
  • 15 Giant Rats (3 painted)
  • 5 Rat Ogres (1 painted)
  • 4 packmasters
  • 21 Night/Gutter Runners (16 painted)
  • 8 Jezzails
  • 1 Ratling Gun (painted)
  • 1 Warpfire Thrower
  • 1 Screaming Bell w/ Grey Seer
  • 1 Warlord
  • 1 Assassin
  • 1 Warlock Engineer
This puts me at nearly 1800 points base before upgrades and magic items.  My next target is a sizable unit of Stormvermin, but they are hard to find at a reasonable price and will probably be one of the last things I end up getting, along with the Plague Censer Bearers and Poison Wind Globadiers thanks to their being only available in metal models. 

My next targets will be the Skaven half of the Island of Blood set to fill out my Clanrats, Rat Ogres, characters and weapon detachments, and then a Doom Wheel or Warp Lightning Cannon to have something to occupy the Rare slots in my army.  But it won't be long before this army is up and running!

    2 comments:

    1. Damn those Jezzails. I have chaos knights in my bits box who still tremble at the thought of being put on the field against those cowardly contraptions.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Anything that keeps the General alive isn't cowardly, it's genius!

      ReplyDelete