Thursday, October 7, 2010

Screaming Bell on the Way!

I won an auction a few days ago for the Skaven Screaming Bell.  Not the new one that can also be a plague furnace, but the 7th edition one which looks like a modified siege tower.  I scored it for $20, which was the minimum bid.  I think the high minimum bid and bad paint job scared off some people, but seeing as it is a $35-$50 model depending on the version you get, I'm pretty pleased.  I plan on modding a base and using my Mordheim Clan Eshin Rat Ogre to push the bell tower from behind.  Should be a neat conversion when I'm finished.  I'm also really happy that it is already painted, albeit crappily, which means the basecoat layer that needs to be put on the model before the ink wash is already completed.  I'll be able to have it painted in half the time, which is quite nice considering how large the model kit is.

No comments:

Post a Comment